Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How E-Readers are Changing the Way Some Read

I think technology is amazing. I still remember diligently planning with my friends and family where to meet up after school, in the mall or anywhere in general. It felt like a game of Clue. Meet me by the clock tower at 4 o'clock with the homework assignment. This was the day when there were no cell phones (smart phones? I was happy if it even came in color!), GPS systems, Kinect, e-readers, etc.

I know not many people look at and wonder what Braille is and wonder why some books have large typefaces on it, but it's because some people are visually impaired. Even though I'm an avid fan of paperback books and I do not own an e-reader, I do appreciate how the e-reader has revolutionized the way people read today.

I think it's wonderful that people created a way for blind and visually impaired people to join the fun. Please see the video below, and know that paperback or e-reader, everyone should at least have the ability to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...