Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is an original/feature weekly meme that creates a, you guessed it, list of 10 different items. This week?
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read X
Julia wrote "Romance Novels" and the X is supposed to be a genre. I think I might change mine up and have it be a general category:
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read. Period.
1. His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Amazing reads.
2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
3. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
4. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
5. P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern
6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Nifenegger
7. Another Fine Myth by Robert Lynn Asprin
8. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
9. Toxin by Robin Cook
10. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
What's on your list?
I’m walking in place, one foot next to the other, to stagnant images and stalled dreams, stuck in the transformation between imaginary and real like a broken record player forever reciting half of a word. I wear the same clothes, listen to the same songs, and dance to the same beat with the same drink in the same bar. The air is stale and the sun less refreshing, like swimming too long resulting in wrinkled fingers. There’s a word balancing on the tip of my tongue, a ballerina pirouetting before a crowd which already knows the last act. Escape.
is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
My Teaser Tuesday pick is: Pieces of Me by Charlotte Gingras
"As a little girl, I was always careful to walk between the lines in the sidewalk because any time I stepped on one, it felt like my foot turned to ice. It's an awful feeling having a frozen sole."
- pg. 58
What's your Teaser Tuesday pick?