Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Hunger Games


I was a little bit leery about starting this trilogy. First, I prefer books with a first person point of view. Second, I don't like present tense. Third, I thought it was a little rip-off of the concept of Gladiators and this one book I can't remember the title of but was basically about children being forced to fight to the death. When I come up with the title, I'll get back to you. Promise.

So as you can see, there were many things piled up against The Hunger Games. Add to the fact that I think the 'dystopian' genre is a bit irritating since it's basically YA Science Fiction (personal opinion, feel free to calmly state why you think I'm right/wrong) and you get one book that I really shouldn't like.

But ... I liked it. I mean, liked it so much I couldn't put it down. At all. I finished it yesterday and I'm buying it tomorrow so I can go to work, come home, and ignore my social life so I can finish book 2. And then, when I'm finished with that, I'll buy book 3 and repeat the cycle.

Show of comments: Who's seeing The Hunger Games when it comes out on March 23rd?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going opening day but I will be going to see the movie! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...